Freitag, 23. März 2012

Art Journal

Happy PPF!

I'm so excited, I'm the first featured artist of Paint Party Friday. This side is realy cool with awesome artists every week. Check it out and paint with us. Here is the interview with me.

And here is a new art journal page, inspired by the book "Creative Wildfire".

Eine neue Seite in meinem Art Journal. Inspiriert durch eine Seite im Buch "Creative Wildfire" ist sie entstanden. Da geht noch mehr, daher wird es keine Einzelseite in diesem Stil bleiben.



Für alle die nicht klicken mögen, hier das interview:

Paint Party Friday: Week 2, Year 2 Check-In Featured Artist: Stephanie Schütze


image courtesy of Stephanie Schütze  (click on image to enlarge)

Welcome to Paint Party Friday and to the very first post in our new Featured Artist Series! Judging by last week's comments, many of you are as excited as we are about this new series, and eager to participate!

This week we are thrilled to introduce you to PPF artist, Stephanie Schütze.

My name is Stephanie Schütze, a mixed media artist, scrapbooker, art journaler with a passion for drawing. I live with my 2 sweet daughters and my husband in Switzerland. I've been scrapping since 2008 and like that creative work with paper. Later it turned more and more to mixed media. And now I have discovered sketching and watercolors.

1) Please tell us a bit about your personal history with painting.  (When did you start painting? How has your painting evolved since you first started?)

In my school time I liked to paint so much that I attended a little class after school. This class was taught by the art master of the school, an artist. We were 5 children and every week we had a lot of fun to paint and to sketch outside. I don’t know what I learned but something must have influenced me. At some point I stopped going further with art because the others seemed to be better and I was never really encouraged to continue. Many years nothing happened. Once in a while I tried myself on projects but nothing really sparked. But last year a lot of changes happened in my life. I began to do scrapbooking, discovered the Art Journaling and in January of this year I found you, PPF and I tried myself on a few sketches, then acrylic paint and water color. Now I am addicted and I don’t waste a day of not using pens and colors.

2) What are your favorite techniques, media, and tools to use in creating your paintings?

Since I also started scrapbooking last year, are my pages often ”scraps combined in color”. My favorite technique is to create a new reality with paper, photos, watercolor and pens.

3) What is your favorite thing to paint? Why?

Actually my favorite things to paint are furniture in my home: my workspace, my armchair, my garden furniture.... Don’t know why, maybe because they don’t move and keep still.        ;-)

4) What is your proudest painting moment and/or greatest painting achievement so far?

The proudest painting moment is the output of my black pen (without pencils) I just started to draw without sketching with pencil first and without fear of drawing a wrong line. I felt free and had a real "in the flow” moment.



5) What's next in your painting future?

The next in my painting future is to get more in mixed media, to attend more workshops, to learn more about depth, shadows and colors.

To learn even more about Stephanie and see more of her art, you can visit her at:

http://scrapmanufaktur.blogspot.com/

Kommentare:

  1. hello, i'm visiting from PPF! this piece is very interesting. i like the theme and way you put the different layers. happy PPF!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hammerstark Stephanie! So cool !!!
    Toll dass Du bei PPF gefeatured bist.. herzlichen Glückwunsch!
    Hab ein schönes Wochenede

    lg Susi

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Das ist ganz toll geworden! Mensch, das Buch habe ich auch, muss unbedingt mal wieder reinschauen... Mir gefallen bei Dir ganz besonders auch die beiden kräftigen Farben auf dem Karton. Und natürlich das eingearbeitete Foto. LG Monika

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. What a gorgeous page! I love the textures and the way you've used colours - so lovely!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Congrats on the great interview, I really enjoyed learning more about you and loved the drawing of your reading chair... I have one that is so similar and I even have a stack of books on the arm which the dog knocks off all the time... I love working with pen straight away as well but mainly because I am too impatient to do the drawings first...happy ppf xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I discovered your blog via PPF, i love your scrapbooking pages with so many cute details, you are in credibly creative!your mixed media page is very interesting with depth and many things to look at!Thanks for sharing!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Hello Stephanie, I have loved reading your interview at PPF, and have loved visiting your blog, your baby's first birthday piece is so lovely and touching. My little girl will be 1 at the end of May, how quickly time goes by! We must savour all the moments. I'm so happy to have come upon you here, have a great week-end! xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Terrific artwork for PPF and loved the interview. Happy PPF and enjoy the weekend, Annette x

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Herzlichen Glückwunsch, Deine Sachen sind ja auch immer sehr toll und originell.
    Besonders gefällt mir das tolle Teil ganz oben mit dem eingearbeitete Gesicht.
    LG Anja

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Hi Stephanie..lovely to meet you..congrats on being featured on PPF! Your work is gorgeous ans full of energy..wonderful to read more about you..and the line work on your chair is stunning and exquisite..totally beautiful blog!
    Victoria

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Very, very beautiful!!! I love yuor drawing:)

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Wonderful to read more about you Stephanie - you are one talented lady. Love what you did with your journal page this week.

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. Bravo ~ on being featured ~ lovely art style ~thanks, wishing you a great weekend ~ namaste, carol ^_^

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. congratulations on being the featured artist! happy PPF!


    Mimi Torchia Boothby Watercolors

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. Congrats on being the first featured artist! It was fun reading your interview and your art is great!

    AntwortenLöschen
  16. Congrats on being featured!! I like your style!

    AntwortenLöschen
  17. Love your PPF painting. Congratulations on being the first featured artist.

    AntwortenLöschen
  18. Stephanie, your journal page CREATIVE WILDFIRE is AWESOME!! I so love your style and the colors you choose and the mixture of textures and words... beautiful! Congratulations on being featured on PPF! You deserve it, girl! Happy weekend! xoxo

    AntwortenLöschen
  19. Love your journal and enjoyed your feature article!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  20. Hi Stephanie I love your gorgeous journal page and your feature on PPF is awesome. This is my first time on PPF so I look forward to getting to know you :D
    hugs
    Chris x

    AntwortenLöschen
  21. Congrats for being featured on PPF. Love your work!

    AntwortenLöschen
  22. Total klasse, gefällt mir super gut und ich bin auf noch mehr gespannt.
    Ich wünsche dir ein schönes Wochenende.

    AntwortenLöschen
  23. Congrats on being featured, great interview on PPF . Love your mixed media, so intersting with rich layers and depth. Happy PPF!

    AntwortenLöschen
  24. wow the texture in this... love how you have layered, it shows such different facets!
    COngrats on your feature too!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Stephanie, congratulations on being chosen to be the first guest artist. Your work is all beautiful. I enjoy looking at the gorgeous array of colors and at the wonderful design elements you have used in your art. Now, at the bottom of the post is your very expert drawing in pen and ink of your furniture. I love it.

      Löschen
  25. I LOVE the pen sketch of the chair and books! You really were in the flow! :D

    AntwortenLöschen
  26. Love your Journel pages Stephanie!! And congrats on the first featured artist!! Great PPF interpretation!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  27. lovely work, stephanie! i especially love the chair drawing...great capture! congratulations on being the first artist featured on PPF! hope you have a great week!

    AntwortenLöschen
  28. I cannot even begin to tell you how you blow me away! holy moly wow!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  29. Wonderful page, I really like the face in the figure, and the bold colours. Congratulations on being the first featured artist! And so nice to meet someone else from Switzerland here!

    AntwortenLöschen
  30. Hi Stephanie,
    I missed last week's PPF but wanted to say THANKS for the great interview!! Wonderful to get to know you and your work better!

    These are fascinating pages.

    AntwortenLöschen