Freitag, 22. Februar 2013

sketches on friday

I found a website about sketch and illustration challenges, Illustration friday. llustration Friday is a weekly creative outlet/participatory art exhibit for illustrators & artists of all skill levels. A new topic is posted each Friday and you have one week to draw, paint or doodle your interpretation.

This week topic is "wool".

And here is my part.

The right one looks like an apple or somewhat else, but I wanted to sketch an ball of wool ;-). After the sketch with a black pen I decided to watercolor it. Hm... I'm not satisfied with it. I realized that I'm not the perfect realistic type of drawer. I'm not so good, so I feel better with my non perfect wiggly style.



Last week I was inspired by the work of Sarah Melling, Kelly Bermudez and Jessica Durrant. I decided to retrace some of their work. And it also showed me my limitations of drawing. But I had a lot of fun with the feather and the jellyfish.


And then I was in a feather fever ;-)


I'm very pleased to find a great community in the www and to learn from other artists, to find my own way and style.

I share it to the wonderful Paint Party Friday.
Paint Party Friday

Kommentare:

  1. Love your feathers especailly.
    Happy PPF!
    Rinda

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Lovely work! I love the colours in your jellyfish :) HPPF

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Ich mag deine Zeichnungen sehr.
    Besonders die Federn sind ein Traum.
    Da bekommt man dierekt Lust, auch mal wieder zu Stiften und Farben zu greifen.

    Liebe Grüße
    Anke

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Feathers are so hard to draw, but yours look great! Happy PPF!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Really wonderful work, great colors and sketches!! Excellent style here!

    Hugs Giggles

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. LOVE the feather, the colors and sketch are great! HPPF!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. really lovley sketches-esp. those fab feathers!!! Happy PPF!

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Your sketches are brilliant. Happy PPF, Annette xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. As a knitter I have no problem identifying your lovely ball of yarn! And I like your style just fine!

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. love the wool drawings, but those feathers are so wonderful... it makes me want to go and chase a couple of the birds in the garden hoping they will give up some feathers... wonderful drawings...xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. These are beautiful! And your blog header is stunning!

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Your artwork is always so beautiful... LOVE the ball of wool, and those feathers... awesome. xox

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. Wonderful drawings! I love the jelly fish the best! Happy PPF! - janice

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. Great job. The feathers are awesome. I love the yarn too. Nice job!:)

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. Fabulous sketches......you are such a wonderful artist!

    AntwortenLöschen