Mittwoch, 16. Oktober 2013

Tutorial - Backgrounds with Stamped Leaves

Hi there,

today I want to show you a little tutorial with stamping real leaves I made for the Paperdvizhnik Challenge Blog. It's not new to use natural materials in projects. Now we have autumn and I always wanted to stamp with leaves to make some cards.

I collected some leaves and began to stamp with the chalk edgers from Ingvild Bolme. They are perfect for this plan because of the handiness and the high color pigments and the softness because of the chalk. But you can also use other ink pads.

Dab the color delicately on the leave...

...and then stamp it. I used my fingers for the first try.

That is what came out. I was satisfied, but something I could optimate.

At the next attempt I have put a white paper on the sheet and pressed firmly by hand. I think to press it down with a brayer will work even better.

To get more structure I used the back of the leave. There are the veins clearly.

And I began to mix the colors more and more.


For the motives on my cards I used the stamp sets "Spirit of nature" and "Paper art" I designed for Whiff of Joy.

I colored them with Neocolor II by using a little brush.

The background behind is also a stamp I colored with the Chalk Edgers from Ingvild. Here is my text/sentiment missing. I'm still not conclusively me what will I take.


For that card I knew immediately what will fit ;-) The text means "the early bird can kiss my ass".


And this is also not quite finished layout, but the basics (background and photo) are ready.


I hope you had fun with it and you will give it a try. Thanks for looking and have a nice day!

Kommentare:

  1. jahaaaaa ich schau auch grad schon immer nach schicken blättern...
    jetzt haben die gleich noch einen Verwendungszweck

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Ich finde den Hintergrund so toll! So herbstlich-farbenfroh! Danke für die Idee! Gehe mein Herbarium holen ;)

    LG Olga

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Man, das ist großartig! Und wunderschön!! Werd ich mir merken und vielleicht mit meinen neuen Stempelchen kombinieren... ;)
    Herzensgruß dein
    Frl. P.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. what a great idea, I need to use right away

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Fabulous tutorial! Love what you've done here! I will have to try this!

    AntwortenLöschen