Freitag, 4. April 2014

Version Scrap - Monumental Scrap

Hi there,

I'm very excited, I'm in Paris this weekend to teach at Version Scrap. I hope I will see a lot of Scrapaholics and creative people, maybe you (?) and I hope I will have time to see a bit of this wonderful city. Hm... I can already feel the "love in the air". :-)

I wrote this post earlier because I think I will be busy this weekend but I want to show you a project I made for Monumantal Scrap. Monumental Scrap is scrapping on mammoth format. On a size of at least 1m x 1m the artists scrapping live their. ;-)

I got an invitation and had the pleasure to scrap BIG. This is a 1m x 1m Canvas and I sprayed, painted with different mixed media techniques, drew and scrapped on it.



I was a little scared when I first saw the huge white surface, but with the first paint this feeling was gone. I quickly felt comfortable. I never thought that I would have so much joy in it. Normally I'm more impatient and want to quickly get a project to the end. But here I had to learn to be patient and enjoy the process. And I did indeed!

The bird was the inspiration to all further elements. 


I decided to draw the Eiffel tower because of the place it will be shown and because I wanted to create a romantic mood and Paris is for love and romance.
The third detail was the street lamp. 
Then I had a really big phase of “don’t know what now”. 
Then I had the feeling to create a place of well-being and what is more obvious to integrate our home and my family. I draw the bigger house with window scene’s. But then I decided to give the house a scrap-part with pattern paper and to create the window scene with tags and some photos. The scrap part I realized with Adhesives by Scrapbook Adhesives by3L®. 


I had a dancing silhouette of my younger daughter, still wating of a layout and I keep her dancing on top of the house. 


We made a special photo shoot to get the other photos. And so everything came to each other. 
I drew other houses and buildings to create the impression of a city and I cut out so many flowers to conceal a wrong perspective of the lantern.


Then I had the idea of the rose petals I saw it once on a postcard and I added all the other details. I also love the water pipe parts and water taps designed by Ingvild Bolme. And of course the street signs are really great and the little bulb fit’s perfectly at the street lamp. It's so easy to create a project with these beautiful embellishments and to give them that certain something.


I’m satisfied with that big canvas and I’m thankful for the invitation to Monumental Scrap, to have made this extraordinary experience.

And I want to say a big THANK YOU to ScrapbookAdhesives by 3L® and Ingvild Bolme and Prima Marketing to support me!






Supplies I used:


Glimmer Mist – Tattered Angels
Stencil Spirographica – The Crafters Workshop
Old vintage book pages
White Acrylic Paint - Gerstäcker
Stencil flowers – Heidi Swapp
Structure Paste – Aquatec
Stencil clouds – I don’t know the brand
Black Pen – Faber Castell
Big Brush Pen black, grey, dark grey – Faber Castell
White Pen – Signo
Paper : Free Spirit Collection « Hippie » - Prima Marketing
             Printery Collection « Folio «  - Prima Marketing
             The Optimist Collection « Whimsy », « Happy », « Peace, Love and Joy » - Prima Marketing
             Hope Chest Collection – Pink Paislee
             Blue post it
Stamps :         Stamps « post mark» - Donna Downey
                       Text stamp – Tim Holtz
                       Text stamp – Wycinanka
                       Wall stamp – Tim Holtz
Adhesives :     E-Z Dots® Permanent – Refillable - Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®
Crafty Foam Tape – White - Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®
3D Foam Squares - White, Regular - Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®
            Embellishments :       Junkyard Findings Water Pipe parts – 891763 – Ingvild Bolme
                                               Junkyard Findings Water Taps – 891824 - Ingvild Bolme for Prima Marketing
                                               Junkyard Findings Street Signs – 892166 - Ingvild Bolme for Prima Marketing
                                               Junkyard Findings Ceiling Light Bulbs – 892180 - Ingvild Bolme
                                               Wooden Heart – Prima Marketing
                                               Prima Flower
                                               Handmade Umbrella – Fabric and Wire
                                               Handmade Grille – Wire
                                               Post stamp
                                               Paper Clip      
            Rub-on « words » - idea-ology Tim Holtz
            Craft Alphabet - Sorry, I don’t know the brand

 
Thanks for visiting today!

Kommentare:

  1. And you did it again! No words , wowwwwwwwwwwww!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. oh my God.You are sooo good.My jaw is on the floor right now.This is awesome!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Das ist soooo schön. Und wenn man sich dann noch die (Aus)Maße vorstellt. Genial.
    LG Steffi

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I love you works! they're just simply amazing and full of imagination!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I saw it in the real lifa at Version Scrap ! It's really fantastic ! your work is really GREAT !!!!
    mille fois bravo

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Merci Stéphanie pour ta gentillesse, j'espère te revoir à version scrap l'an prochain !

    AntwortenLöschen